A centralized consent form for parents/guardians of program participants is another important practice for partnerships.
Below is an outline of topics to include in the consent form and an example form is available here. Consent form content should be explicitly aligned to the type of partnership implemented, and undergo approval by any necessary evaluators/researchers/key program partners (like a school district).
When developing your own consent form template, consider including:
- Names of organizations in partnership and their roles (i.e. management, program delivery, etc.)
- Program details (including cost, number of weeks, attendance policy)
- Permission for data acquisition and sharing
- Permission to photograph or videotape child in program and to use image in print, online, etc.
- Permission to contact parent/guardian for feedback
- Signature page (including emergency contact information for parent/guardian to input)